19 October, 2009

Dash Not Cash

I was a tad disappointed with this months Vogue, they have gone all 'Recessionista' on us and not in a good way. I felt that it was people with alot of cash playing with being thifty, because lets get real they don't really need to make their own clothes and the examples they gave were pretty poor (excluding the 'DIY Couture' shoot which was just a bit fantastic). I see far better examples of clever dressing every time i bat my lashes at uni, the combination of home made designs, vintage and charity shop combos on display is a feast to the eyes and it is style far better than all of the vogue shoots and articles. I think they should have taken inspiration from the poor students who are being creative with their style rather than celebs who are looking through their mothers designer filled wardrobes.

No comments: